ScoutMakes Robot Kit
Robotics and industrial automation are everywhere these days. Robots help build, package, and ship everything from your breakfast cereal to your car. With that in mind, we designed the ScoutMakes Robot kit to help those with an interest in robotics learn the basics. With it, you will create a simple, wheeled robot while developing a familiarity with concepts like mechanical assembly and motor control. This kit also includes a piezoelectric buzzer and NeoPixels that allow your robot to play sounds and glow while it’s moving around.
And, thanks to the included Azul board, you’ll be able to send instructions to your robot, over BLE, from an app on your iOS or Android device. To control it, you can simply tilt your device in the direction of travel.
Robot Kit Features & Specifications
- Quick and easy assembly (includes an assembly guide and all necessary mechanical hardware)
- Controllable over BLE using an iOS or Android app
- A piezoelectric speaker allows your robot to make sounds
- Powered by the LiPo battery in the Azul board
- Four NeoPixels on the robot board provide illumination
- Modify the source files for the robot chassis and 3D print your own designs
- Quality, N20 motors with metal gear boxes and rubber tires
Support & Documentation
The ScoutMakes STEM Education Kits are all certified open hardware and all source files are available on GitHub. You can also find us on YouTube and Instagram or you can reach out to us using the Ask a technical question link on our campaign page.
Our manufacturing plan consists of the follow steps:
- Procuring parts
- PCB fabrication
- Board assembly
- Programming and kitting
We have already identified and will be working with a large manufacturer in Shenzhen, China, who will procure and assemble the PCBs and various items for the kits. We have worked with this company previously and have an excellent relationship. They are able to scale as needed, depending on the number of kits claimed during our campaign.